Manifesting 101: Understanding the Basics
Manifesting is a buzzword that we are hearing everywhere at the moment, but let’s unpack what it really means and how we can consciously manifest what we want to be seeing in our lives.
Manifesting is defined by the Cambridge dictionary as “to show something clearly through signs or actions”
In reality, what that means for us is the creation of something through the focus of our attention.
We manifest all the time, but for most of us, it’s unconscious. The thoughts that we have each day are creating the reality that we are experiencing.
According to Carl Jung, we are all connected via a shared connection of heart, mind, and energy. This theory is developed further in the realm of quantum physics.
Quantum physics posits that there are multiple realities where every conceivable event has already happened. We are living in just one of them, where our reality is fixed.
It’s a bit like a soup of events all mixed up, and when we consciously manifest, we have the ability to harness the power of the heart and mind connection to reach into the quantum reality and claim the event that we want.
Sounds a bit woo-woo?
I guess it is, but even if you are an out-and-out skeptic, even you must have noticed that when you decide to buy a red Vauxhall, suddenly, they are all you see everywhere you go. Or maybe, you really wanted a parking space, and a car pulled out just as you arrived. Coincidence? No such thing. That’s you manifesting, baby!!
The Science Behind Manifesting
How is that possible? I hear you ask. Well, we are energetic beings. Physicists have proven that all things are simple energy vibrating at different levels. The lower the vibration, the denser the object. So a table is just a mass of protons, neutrons, and electrons with such a low vibration that it manifests – there’s that word again – as a solid object.
So it, therefore, follows that each thought, word, and action also carries its own energetic vibration and through the law of attraction, which is one of twelve natural laws that are commonly understood, like attracts like.
If you are unconsciously thinking about how tough things are, how it’s not fair, how things always go wrong, how you’re not worthy, there’s never enough money or time, etc., events that represent those vibrations in the world are drawn to you, and this then reinforces your beliefs, and you can become trapped in a cycle of negative thought followed by negative actions. Especially as it was found by the National Science Foundation that the average person has about 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day. Of those thousands of thoughts, 80% were negative, and 95% were exactly the same repetitive thoughts as the day before.
Imagine what you could create if you switched those thoughts from negative to positive and were focused on a clear plan.
The key to switching from a negative, subconscious mindset to a positive, conscious mindset is mindfulness.
When we start to become aware of our thoughts, we can start to identify patterns and understand how our beliefs are creating our reality. We can then start to challenge and change limiting and negative beliefs. We can then take this a step further and use mindful inquiry to work out what we really want from life and come up with a plan of action. We can break this plan down into goals, and this then gives us our focus for manifesting a new reality.
But that’s not all…
Harnessing the Power of the Heart-Mind Connection
Dr. Armour discovered that there are cells in the heart that are identical to cells in our brains.
Through his research, we now know that the heart sends out way more information to the brain than it receives. He discovered that the heart has neurons, proteins, and support cells and can learn, remember and feel. The emotions that it experiences change the information that it sends to the brain. How cool is that?
This means that the main difference between the thinking in the brain and the thinking in our heart is that the “thinking” by the cells in our heart doesn’t have to pass through all the conditioning, mistrust, and fear that our thoughts in the brain do which means that they are a truer indicator of what we feel is the right thing for us.
The key to combining the power of the heart-mind connection is to use our emotions as signposts to the state of our thoughts. When we are experiencing unpleasant feelings, we are being signposted to negative thoughts or, at the very least, a mindset that needs to be investigated. When we are feeling happy and well, excited or peaceful, then we know that our thoughts are serving us well and we are on the right track.
Steps for Conscious Manifesting
There are a few things to remember when consciously manifesting:
1. Be careful what you wish for. Check in regularly to make sure that your thoughts are positive and, what you are asking for will cause no harm to anyone else and will be for your higher good. Whatever you plan to manifest will appear in your body/ life first before it filters out into the world, so if your plan is world domination through deceitful means, the negative energy of this will wreak havoc in your life first.
2. Have a clear idea of what it is you are wanting to bring to your reality. You don’t need to know how it will appear, but the more detail that you can put into the asking of it, the stronger the vibration it has.
3. You must believe that it has already happened and revel in the emotions that this outcome would bring. This is commonly the hardest thing for most of us to grasp because we have to get around the ego and our conditioning. The truth of it is that you couldn’t have the thought if it wasn’t already a reality in the greater consciousness. All you’re doing is claiming that reality as yours. Have faith that once you have realized the thought and set the intention, the outcome is just a matter of time. You don’t order something and then check every day to see when it’s coming. You just have faith that it will be delivered. This is the same type of thing.
4. You have to be specific that it is already done. Thinking or saying that I am ready for abundance is great, but the universe is very literal, and it will kinda go, “OK, well, that’s great, you’re ready today, tomorrow, and for the rest of your life” There’s no outcome attached. Whereas I am grateful for the abundance that runs through my life is a statement of completion. It’s already done. Abundance runs through your life, and you are thankful for it.
5. The universe can’t distinguish between a small manifestation and a huge one, so having £10 come into your life is the same as having £100,000 come into your life. The only difference is your ability to see it as done, and this is where being aware of our thoughts and limiting beliefs can have the most advantage.
Taking Action and Understanding Natural Laws
Once you have these guidelines clear in your mind and you have an outcome that you want to create, you are ready to start manifesting, and to do that, you need to be aware of the other natural laws that influence how we live. In particular, there is the law of inspired action. This must be understood. We cannot simply wish for something and have it appear. We need to take action to support our thoughts and dreams.
We also need to acknowledge the law of compensation, which works on the principle that you get out what you put in. Do everything to the best of your ability to achieve the best outcome.
As we have already mentioned, there is the law of attraction, so making an effort to keep your vibration in alignment with what you are manifesting is key.
The law of perpetual transmutation of energy states that anyone can change their lives. Higher vibrations will always supersede lower ones, so look for ways in which you can feed your body, mind, and environment with positive vibes. This applies to social media, your diet, the people that you surround yourself with, and the chemicals and condition of your environment.
Tools to Support Your Manifesting Journey
There are tools that can help with manifesting. Meditation can help us to tune into our awareness and become familiar with our thoughts and beliefs. It can also help us to keep our energy high and create space for insight and understanding to filter through.
Vision boards can be useful to keep the mind focused on what we are claiming. They can have images and words that depict how our life is in the reality of our manifestation and can help us to get deeper into the belief that we already have it by helping us to explore our emotions in our ideal manifestation and really tie down the details.
Affirmations are another powerful tool for helping us to overwrite unhelpful beliefs with ones that elevate our vibration and help us to overcome conditioning. Affirmations should always be positive, in the present tense, and believable.
Releasing Your Intention and Letting Go
Once you have set your intention, you have to let it be. You are claiming it as done. Revisiting it every few days belies the fact that you don’t really believe that it’s already yours.
Living with these concepts and understanding of how our thoughts and emotions create the reality of our lives empowers us to be able to change what is not working for us and enables us to step into our own power as we become more in alignment with who we truly are through mindful awareness, and this gives us the power to stay healthy and well and create the life that we want to live.
Manifesting Abundance Online Workshop
If you would like to gain a greater understanding of manifesting and how you can begin to let go of negative or limiting beliefs, question the conditioning that you have been exposed to, learn how to elevate your vibration and bring your dreams to life, then join me for my four-week Manifesting Abundance online workshop running through July.
You can find more information about the course and how you can book your place via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/626188254927
Thanks for reading.